Skip to content
Learning objectives for the Song-Writing Curriculum:
- Create memorable verses, prechoruses, choruses, and bridges!
- Choose the most effective song form for every song written!
- Understand the structures behind the hits!
- Generate better ideas more easily!
- Use structures, harmonies and melodies to support and enhance the emotional intent of the
- Craft song sections that connect, contrast, and flow together into a unified whole!
- Acquire a deeper understanding of songwriting!
- Acquire a developed and refined set of skills that will allow them to effectively communicate!
- their ideas, emotions, and thoughts through music!
- Write own lyric patterns to match musical patterns!
- Create the melody, verse and chorus lyrics!
- Work with bridges and pre-choruses!
- Gain independence and confidence in the writing process