Skip to content
Learning objectives for the Keys Curriculum:
- Understand how to read treble clef, bass clef and play simple melodies on the grand staff!
- Understand accidentals and play the black keys!
- Increased ability in reading and playing different notes simultaneously!
- Understand and play melodies with major and minor triads in right hand!
- Understand voice leading triads!
- Understand a lead sheet and play chords and bass with left hand!
- Understand altered 9ths, 13ths, and blues progressions!
- Learn improvisation that applies to all styles and any instrument!
- Introduce basic chromaticism in playing!
- Read and interpret lead sheets!