Skip to content
Learning objectives for the Guitar Curriculum:
- Read lead sheet and play chord voicings in a variety of music styles!
- Greater knowledge of constructing triads, seventh chords and inversions!
- Play triads over bass notes and alternations!
- Open triadic shapes and inversions in several musical styles!
- Construct and play two octave major scales in all keys, in two different fretboard positions!
- Effectively use these scales in your own playing!
- Develop good guitar technique through scale exercises!
- Employ increased control, evenness and fluency in playing!
- Connect technique and position with the tone you get from the instrument!
- Integrate melodic lines into strumming or finger style!
- Create your own rhythms and grooves!
- Progress from simple to complex grooves!
- Use effects such as wah-wah to enhance rhythm playing!