Skip to content
Learning objectives for the Engineering Curriculum:
- Identify acoustic and electronic concepts; describe waveform properties!
- Explain microphone characteristics and discuss their placement!
- Describe studio set up and signal routing!
- Explain console and recording machine operation techniques!
- Discuss basic studio procedures!
- Demonstrate proficiency with mic techniques!
- Demonstrate proficiency in signal flow!
- Demonstrate proficiency in signal processing applications!
- Demonstrate proficiency in pre-production and production!
- Demonstrate engineering concepts to complete an advanced recording project!
- Improved timbral ear training, including distinguishing between subtle changes in audio such as; minimal boosts and cuts in gain throughout the mixing process!
- Demonstrate advanced editing skills!
- Utilize advanced recording, mixing, and editing techniques including automation!
- Outline the role, duties and responsibilities of the producer!
- Summarize session planning, layout and strategies!
- Communication, budgeting and music markets!
- Execute advanced recording and producing projects!
- Convert and optimize files for release on the internet !