Skip to content
Learning objectives for the Drum Curriculum:
- Understand various drumming concepts, approaches and techniques for playing effectively in diverse rock music settings!
- Identify why grooves sound and feel the way they do!
- Acquire an authentic sound and feel !
- Change the sound and feel of any groove to accommodate different genres!
- Understand basic time!
- Acquire balance and evenness between hands!
- Develop basic snare drum reading skills!
- Improve coordination, touch, and dynamics!
- Identify blues and gospel roots!
- Perform with kicks, ensemble figures, and fills!
- Adapt latin percussion patterns!
- Know, recognize and feel the clave direction !
- Coordinate the dominant right hand patterns with clave!
- Make smooth transitions between sections in music!